Asheville nc dating radiocarbon dating of blackened grains from the site
were given an ordinance to renovate their homes to match the current renovations done to the roads leading into downtown along with the new bank and park added further downtown.
Around 1770 the site was purchased by William Dobson and was called "Dobson's Crossroads".
Starting in mid 2006, Century Park went under construction to rebuild the lake that had been drained years before due to a structural issues with its dam.
The lake was restocked with fish and renovated, and the park is now accessible from Century Blvd with bathrooms and picnic areas. Beginning in May 2009 the public is allowed to fish from the lake.
First Baptist Church, Kernersville Depot, Korner's Folly, Isaac Harrison Mc Kaughan House, North Cherry Street Historic District, Roberts-Justice House, South Main Street Historic District, and Stuart Motor Company are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Starting in July 2008, North Main Street was closed through downtown Kernersville.